Haute Macabre, one of my favourite favourite blogs, just featured the Christian Dior Fall/Winter 2010 collection (my, they do start early) and it is Truly Lovely. It has a frilly French-countryside-libertine-y feel that I like.




The dress isn't my favourite of these, but I thought this picture was hilarious, as the model appears to have misplaced both an arm and a leg. No doubt that's a sign of how much the dress costs.



And this outfit would have been bad-ass if the model didn't look so displeased about the end of the runway. No, you can't just walk in that gorgeous coat forever, sorry.

These are just a couple of the looks I liked best. The soft, earthy colour palette is nice for spring, and I like all the ruffles and sleeves on the dresses. And the necklaces! The only thing I'm really not digging are the giant top hats. Maybe it's just my Alice disdain, but those look neither rakish nor elegant, just cartoony.
In other news, spring break was mostly great and I have some things to share from that, and I got some glorious new yarn that deserves a post all its own. Maybe later!

0 comments:
Post a Comment