Monday, January 11, 2010

To veg or not to veg?

I've sort of added an interesting resolution to my goals for the beginning of this year.

For the remainder of the semester, I am going to try a vegetarian diet.

Well, that's a lie. I am going to try a pescetarian diet, that is, vegetarian plus fish. I don't think I could give up on sushi no matter how hard I tried. I will also keep eating butter, milk, eggs, and that sort of thing. Not going super-crunchy vegan style, here. Baby steps.

Lemon hummus via Weekend Carnivore.

Vegetarian pho via Pink Bites.

Arugula and polenta with roasted squash via Delementals.

Plantain and spinach kofta via My Feasts.

Vegetarian breakfast muffin via Cooking 4 Carnivores.

On the menu today: miso soup and cranberry juice. Om nom!

Any vegetarian/vegan readers out there? Tips for a n00b?

3 comments:

Thomas Johnson said...

You never answered whether shellfish is still in.

This is going to be tougher than it sounds, I'd bet. Stick with it.

TheHysterian said...

Shellfish has the word 'fish' in it. It counts.

Heather said...

You can totally do it, I went vegetarian with fishies for 7 months when I was 13 or 14. Boca is nasty IMHO, but Walmart has this summer yummy brand of veggie corndogs and stuff called MorningStar Farms. I didn't love sushi back then like I do now though.