Monday, December 14, 2009

A quick recap. I'm sure I'm forgetting some things.

Tumblr.
I've started really stocking my Tumblr with pretty things, and I think I'd like to do a big picdrop once a week or so of my favourites. Would that be obnoxious? I'm also thinking of doing a weekly roundup of all the little things that caught my eye, but don't warrant a post of their own. Lots of bloggers do that, and I'm certainly not without material, haha.

Hot Topic has started carrying Lip Service's "steampunk" line.
In quotes because... well, there's no polite way to say it... it's fug and not good steampunk at all. Go on, have a look. I'll wait. It's just so LAME. Shapeless, colourless, and BORING!

Term papers and Twitter.
For my Horror Film term paper, I chose to write about female virginity and sexual empowerment in one of my favourite bad slasher flicks, Cherry Falls. Over the course of five days, I probably watched that sucker nearly that many times. One night, I absentmindedly Tweeted that I thought one of the actors in it was omg cute (Teehee! Sometimes I'm 13!). Next day, I turn my paper in, hop on the computer, check my Tweets... and said actor had Followed me. Not only Followed me, but acknowledged my Tweet with a "super flattered, thanks". I about DIED. DIED. But I played it cool, Tweeted about it (naturally), and he later came back to ask me about my paper. I hope I didn't embarrass
him or anything, because he seems like a really cool, chill guy.

Christmas break.
I'm home for a couple of weeks until the next semester starts, which means a few things: 1. I can mooch my dad's nice camera as much as I like; 2. I will do a lot of shopping; 3. my cuddlemuffin is coming to visit for Christmas and New Years omgyaye!; and 4. ...I'm not sure if I actually had a fourth in mind. Huh.

Okay, so I should be back up to regular posts now. I missed you, blog! *cling*

2 comments:

Heather said...

That's so funny! I always wish I could write papers about my favorite movies instead of books, it would be so easy for me. :/ I watch waaay too many movies.

TheHysterian said...

One of the perks of eccentric college classes. :)