Monday, December 28, 2009

Interpreting my freakadoo dreams.

I usually have the weirdest dreams whenever I stay at my parents' house. I don't know what does it to me, but they always turn out the be the most messed-up, wackadoo creations that I mean to write down but never do (should start doing that again, hmm).

Couldn't find my dream symbols interpretation book on the shelf, so I turned to the internetz for answers. All of these were featured prominently in a handful of recent dreams. And no, I'm not going to summarise any of the plots. I thought it would be more interesting to throw the major themes out there and let you wonder how they possibly could have been involved. ;)

  • Busy airport: "To dream of an airport with high traffic, you wish to be free, have ambitious goals or dreams, or elevated moral standings. This dream signals that you are ready for a new beginning. You have an idea that will take root and be successful. A new companionship or career move could be coming."
  • Burglar: "To see a burglar in a dream or dream that you are a burglar is an indication that you are losing your stamina. It can also mean that worries and angst are making it difficult for you to deny others."
  • Flying (with flappy arms, not wings): "To dream that you are flying generally suggests a feeling of being unencumbered where previously you may have been held down. To dream that you are flying with ease and enjoying the view indicates that you are dealing with circumstances well. You have elevated above some situation and you may have found a different point of view on things. Dreams of flying and managing your flight is indicative of your own sense of empowerment."
  • Flamethrowers, pistols, and clubs: "A weapon, when held or simply seen, in a dream is an ominous symbol. There may be a person or event in your waking life from which you need protection. The threat may be physical or simply emotional. On a more basic level, a weapon may indicate repressed sexuality."
  • Hamburger lunch: "To dream about a hamburger indicates that you have lost some measure of yourself, whether it's emotional, intellectual, spiritual, or physical and you can't feel complete without it. You may not be happy with a circumstance within your life or companionship. This dream also signifies your experiences and that you should take them, learn from them, and grow. There's more than the narrow view of the world and the future. Look for it."
  • Skin: "To dream of your skin implies that you are trying to conceal some aspect of yourself from others. It represents the walls you erect to protect yourself from emotional harm. It may also mean that you concern yourself with trivial matters rather than try to search for something more important. The act of peeling skin in your dream symbolizes the shedding away of old, outdated customs, routines and situations. It may also represent the fact that you are eliminating and dumping unwanted exterior pretenses."
  • Lobsters: "To see a lobster in your dream symbolizes power and dedication. In all you do, you always somehow come out victorious."
  • Skin lobsters: the most physically terrifying and emotionally unsettling creatures my unconscious has come up with, to date. I'll just leave it at that. (I got the serious heebies just by writing this.)

0 comments: