Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Part 3!

Letter 2, page 2:

God. Girl, you know I talked many times of my disapproval of married women who were not true to their marriage vows and said many times that I did not like what we were doing (this was all said before there was any wrong doing between us) but always you talked me into believing, in this case that we were some-what justified and you must admit that you did a lot of that talking before I gave in.

I told you my age and that I was sick and had been so for over a year, on that account and your youth (although you would not and did not tell me your age untill later) I was afraid we would not get along to-gether, I told you that i had very little money and classed myself as a bum and told you that I was none to good morally, but you told me to forget it, you seemed so affectionate and talked against every argument I put up about our not getting on together.

At all these meetings at the Park. you kept urging me to rent a house or go to Los Angeles. and rent a room so we could meet, or in other words, so we could go to bed. I was falling and I fell hard, Girl, I worshiped you, I could think of nothing else but you after the first few meetings.

You told about your "Pal" Mrs. Letha Y. how she and your Uncle. Mr. Charles E. were intimate, and that Letha was also intimate with Mr. Chas B. and gave me to understand that she would Step-out most any time with most anybody and offered to make me acquainted when she got back from her Eastern trip, but I said "No." Many times you have said, "Well, if you think I am bad you should know my 'Pal, Letha."


This is amazing. This whole affair just plays out for record all through this letter... if I had something like this from one of my ancestors a hundred years ago, I would frame it and hang it in the living room.

0 comments: