Monday, February 9, 2009

JE NE COMPRENDS PAS.

Ten Things I Liked About Paris:
  1. This bonkers contraption near Notre Dame. A wonder of modern engineering -- the tilty spinning disc!
  2. Tartlettes framboises in every patisserie.
  3. Giant bathtub joy in my hotel room.
  4. The Catacombs.
  5. Walking around Montmartre (the Museum of Eroticism, haha -- loads of African fertility gods!).
  6. Leon de Bruxelles.
  7. The Louvre, or the one wing of it that I fully explored, anyway.
  8. The Pere Lachaise cemetary.
  9. Bridges. All of them.
  10. The twisty ironwork around Metro entrances.
Ten Things I Did Not Like About Paris:
  1. Cold and soggy snow.
  2. Recognising what someone says just in time to be too late to reply.
  3. Dog poo on the sidewalks.
  4. Pushy hucksters at the Eiffel Tower.
  5. Overly complicated escargot tongs.
  6. The measly time difference that made me late for everything.
  7. Bad cheap wine.
  8. Getting nice and accustomed to the pound only to have to switch to Euros for all of 3 days.
  9. ...notgonnalie, some places smelled a little funky...
  10. Teeny WEENY hotel beds.
I need to update this thing a bit more often. I will probably make more lists.

Au demain.

0 comments: